Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Ends Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
The Local Awards are the first and only awards to recognize and honor the very best in Location-Based Services and Advertising. Founded by JiWire and the Geo-Loco Conference to distinguish excellence and encourage further growth and innovation in the location space.
Submit your best - mobile & location guru judges included:
Ben Parr, Mashable
Tech Blogger Robert Scoble
Liz Gannes, All Things Digital
Chris Albinson, Panorama Capital
John Durham, Catalyst S+F
Dev Khare, Venrock
John Malloy, Blue Run Ventures
Mark Silva, Anthem Worldwide
Michael Boland, BIA/Kelsey's … and many more!
1. Best Location-Based Advertising Campaign by a National Brand
Who has been a leader in making location a key component of their advertising campaign and most effective in engaging consumers based on location?
2. Most innovative use of Location by a Company
What company has developed and/or used LBS in the most creative way to advance location innovation? The company that goes beyond just “show me what’s nearby” best.
3. Best Location Commerce App (yes, this includes “deals”)
What company does the best job of combining location, deals and commerce into an app?
4. Best Social Networking - Location App
What company has the best location app using social networking as a key feature?
5. Best Mapping/Navigation App
What company has the best location app using navigation as a key feature?
6. Best Location-Based Branded App
What brand has been a leader in making location a key component of their branded application?
7. Uber Leader in Location Investment (free vote for registrants)
Who within the investment community is taking big risks in location, has gotten results and is helping LBS go mainstream?
8. Best Location-Based Game
What company has the best gaming app using location as a key feature?
9. Best Location-Based Data Platform
Best use of location and geo-data to provide better contextual understanding for location services. Entrants in this category should have no customer-facing component but serve as an enabler of other location-based technologies and services (the plumbing award).
10. Best Location Media Leader (free vote for registrants)
If you have only 30mins to get your “media buzz” this is the person you read; whether it’s their blog, Twitter, or other social feed you are reading/following, you are not going to bed without seeing this person's posts.
11. Best Overall Location-Based App
If you have built a great location-based app you qualify for this category. Be sure to tell us what constitutes a best in class application. (i.e. intent, content, what’s nearby, context, or all of the above?)
12. Hottest Location-Based Startup
If your young company has amazing technology, services and/or is gaining incredible market traction and customers in the marketplace, you're hot; enter this category.
NOTE: startup must be under 2.5 years old to enter this category.
How to Enter
1. Review the "The Local Categories" listed above to find the most appropriate category for
your submission (only one submission per category, please)
2. Log-in as an entrant to submit your entries
Follow the simple drop down menus to enter the requested information
3. Judging will be a combination of esteemed location-leaders and your peers
4. Winners will be announced at Geo-Loco Event on November 2, 2011
When & Where
Women in Wireless & Smaato
The mission of Women in Wireless is to empower and develop female leaders in mobile & digital media.